June 23, 2011 | Press Releases
Securities America’s Advisors Connect at National Conference
LA VISTA, Neb. (June 23, 2011) – Securities America hosted its annual conference June 11-14, in Orlando, Fla. Focused on the company’s initiatives in the areas of retirement income distribution, business growth and ease of doing business, the conference offered more than 90 educational sessions and attracted nearly 1,000 attendees.
“I see only great things ahead for Securities America, for you and for your clients,” President and CEO Jim Nagengast told advisors in his opening remarks. Kicking off the event was Next Phase University, an all-day preconference session dedicated to Securities America’s unique Next Phase Retirement Income Distribution program that advisors can use to distinguish themselves in their markets. On the first day of the main conference, income distribution planning continued to be a focus, with an entire track devoted to the topic, including introduction of three new resources: an Income Distribution Desk, an expanded Client Fact Finder system and new Product Allocation Models. The Income Distribution Desk is the first of its kind in the industry, said Zachary Parker, Securities America director of insurance and annuities.
Other highlights of the conference included:
- Introduction of the unique Unified Managed Account option being offered on the Managed Opportunities platform, which can bring mutual fund wrap strategies and separate managed accounts into one account
- New Social Media training and compliance initiative that will enable advisors to participate on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook, by using Socialware to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements
- The rollout, free to all Securities America advisors, of a mobile access solution for smart phone and tablet technology
- Introduction of Interactive Client Surveys, the latest in the New Conversations series, developed in conjunction with Dan Allison and Feedback Marketing Group to help advisors hone their referral strategies
- Session on data security addressing changes advisors need to make in handling, transmission, storage and destruction of client data
About Securities America
Headquartered in La Vista, Neb., Securities America Inc. is the nation’s eighth largest independent broker-dealer (as ranked by Financial Planning magazine, June 2012, based on 2011 total revenue). For more than 25 years, Securities America’s mission has been to foster the success of financial professionals so they can provide quality, objective counsel and services to their clients. Advisors benefit from the firm’s industry-leading programs in practice management, advisory services and retirement income distribution, supported by state-of-the-art technology. Founded in 1993, Securities America Advisors Inc. is an SEC-Registered Investment Advisory firm that offers investment management, financial advice and financial planning through a national network of independent financial advisors. Securities America Financial Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc. (NYSE MKT: LTS). Securities America received the inaugural Thought Leadership Award from the Retirement Income Industry Association in March 2011. Additional information is available at www.securitiesamerica.com.