Securities America Selects Assistant of the Year
To qualify, assistants must be nominated by a Securities America advisor, have a minimum of two years experience in the financial services industry and, if securities licensed, have a clean compliance record. This top assistant is also selected based on specific instances of service above and beyond expectations to clients, advisors and the firm; demonstrated leadership abilities; and personal and professional development.
Pal's dedication and perseverance were exemplified two years ago when the unexpected death of Schlang's colleague left more than 100 clients who needed to be notified and comforted through the transition. She utilized compassion and commitment, ensuring those transitioning clients met with Schlang, while still providing an exceptional level of service to his existing clients.
"Every time we have been hit with a challenge, Barbara immediately goes into solution mode," Schlang said. "She has never complained about the workload or when a problem arises. She simply buckles down and solves the issue. Her only concern has been how I am holding up."
Pal has worked in the financial services industry for more than 20 years. She currently serves on Securities America's Sales Assistant Advisory Board.
Securities America believes in fully developing the potential of sales assistants. A number of events and training opportunities are available to assistants:
- Assistant University - a two-day conference designed to increase knowledge of technology, compliance, operations and practice management for all levels of support staff
- Sales Assistant Advisory Board - a group of 10 assistants, nominated by advisors and selected by Securities America, that provides suggestions and feedback on company improvements
- New Assistant Orientation - a guide containing information every support staff member should know
- Assistant Certification - a web-based training program that covers industry, product and firm-specific topics in a cost-effective and convenient format
- National Conference - an annual educational event that features a training track specifically tailored to assistants
- AssistantXpert - a listserv created specifically for assistants to provide online peer support and knowledge sharing
- Fast Track - free daily training sessions on Securities America's technology and procedures that are ideal for assistants and office managers
About Securities America
Securities America is one of the nation's largest independent broker-dealers with more than 1,700 independent advisors responsible for $50 billion in client assets.
Advisory services offered through Securities America Advisors, Inc., an SEC Registered Investment Advisory Firm. Securities offered through Securities America, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC.