February 14, 2013 | Press Releases
Securities America Selects Assistant of the Year
LA VISTA, Neb. – Feb. 14, 2013 - Securities America has recognized Robin Claypool, administrative assistant for Kevin Clar of L&M Financial in Rochester, N.Y., as the Assistant of the Year for 2012. She will be honored at the Securities America National Conference at the Gaylord National Resort, Washington, D.C., June 9-12, 2013.
To qualify, assistants must be nominated by a Securities America advisor, have a minimum of two years of experience in the financial services industry and, if securities licensed, have a clean compliance record. This top assistant is also selected based on specific instances of service above and beyond expectations to clients, advisors and the firm; demonstrated leadership abilities; and personal and professional development.
Along with her regular duties as an administrative assistant, Claypool played a central role in shepherding L&M Rochester through a dynamic year of positive change, including researching and facilitating a full-scale office move.
“Robin’s character as a conscientious, thorough, detailed and capable person is the foundation on which our firm’s success is built,” Clar said. “Thanks directly to Robin’s effort and meticulous attention to detail, L&M Rochester will be greatly increasing its community awareness and building its local brand in 2013.”
Claypool has worked in the financial services industry for more than 12 years. She currently serves on Securities America’s Sales Assistant Advisory Board.
Securities America believes in fully developing the potential of sales assistants. A number of events and training opportunities are available to assistants:
- Assistant University – a two-day conference designed to increase knowledge of technology, compliance, operations and practice management for all levels of support staff
- Sales Assistant Advisory Board – a group of 10 assistants, nominated by advisors and selected by Securities America, that provides suggestions and feedback on company improvements
- New Assistant Orientation – a guide containing information every support staff member should know
- e*Certification – a web-based training program that covers industry, product and firm-specific topics in a cost-effective and convenient format
- National Conference – an annual educational event that features a training track specifically tailored to assistants
- AssistantXpert – a listserv created specifically for assistants to provide online peer support and knowledge sharing
- Fast Track – free daily training sessions on Securities America’s technology and procedures that are ideal for assistants and office managers
About Securities America
Headquartered in La Vista, Neb., Securities America Inc. is the nation’s eighth largest independent broker-dealer (as ranked by Financial Planning magazine, June 2012, based on 2011 total revenue). For more than 25 years, Securities America’s mission has been to foster the success of financial professionals so they can provide quality, objective financial counsel and services to their clients. Advisors benefit from the firm’s industry-leading programs in practice management, advisory services and retirement income distribution, supported by state-of-the-art technology. Founded in 1993, Securities America Advisors Inc. is an SEC-Registered Investment Advisory firm that offers investment management, financial advice and financial planning through a national network of independent financial advisors. Securities America Financial Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc. (NYSE MKT: LTS). Securities America received the inaugural Thought Leadership Award from the Retirement Income Industry Association in March 2011. Additional information is available at www.securitiesamerica.com.