January 21, 2011 | Press Releases
Securities America Selects Assistant of the YearOMAHA, NEB. – Jan. 21, 2011 Securities America has recognized Diane Pagano, director of operations for Thomas Hine of Capital Wealth Management in Glastonbury, Conn., as the Assistant of the Year for 2010. She will be honored at the Securities America National Conference at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club resort in Orlando, Fla., on June 11-14.
To qualify, assistants must be nominated by a Securities America advisor, have a minimum of two years of experience in the financial services industry and, if securities licensed, have a clean compliance record. This top assistant is also selected based on specific instances of service above and beyond expectations to clients, advisors and the firm; demonstrated leadership abilities; and personal and professional development.
“The past three years have been the best ever at Capital Wealth Management LLC,” Hine said in his nomination letter. “One of the key reasons for our success is the professionalism and efforts of Diane Pagano. Diane has an amazing track record in her time with my firm, which have also been her first three years in our industry,” Hine said in his nomination. “She has demonstrated on numerous occasions her willingness and ability to go above and beyond for the benefit of our clients, our employees and Capital Wealth Management.”
Prior to joining Capital Wealth Management in 2008, Pagano lived in five states, gaining extensive customer service, organizational, time and management skills and experience in several industries. Pagano has applied the knowledge she acquired from her previous work background toward the success of Capital Wealth Management. She currently serves on Securities America’s Sales Assistant Advisory Board.
Securities America believes in fully developing the potential of sales assistants. A number of events and training opportunities are available to assistants:
- New Assistant Orientation – a guide containing information every support staff member should know
- Assistant University – a two-day conference designed to increase knowledge of technology, compliance, operations and practice management for all levels of support staff
- e*Certification – a web-based training program that covers industry, product and firmspecific topics in a cost-effective and convenient format
- Sales Assistant Advisory Board – a group of nine assistants, nominated by advisors and selected by Securities America, that provides suggestions and feedback on company improvements
- National Conference – an annual educational event that features a training track specifically tailored to assistants
- AssistantXpert – a listserv created specifically for assistants to provide online peer support and knowledge sharing
- Fast Track – free daily training sessions on Securities America’s technology and procedures that are ideal for assistants and office managers
About Securities America
Headquartered in La Vista, Neb., Securities America Inc. is the nation’s eighth largest independent broker-dealer (as ranked by Financial Planning magazine, June 2012, based on 2011 total revenue). For more than 25 years, Securities America’s mission has been to foster the success of financial professionals so they can provide quality, objective counsel and services to their clients. Advisors benefit from the firm’s industry-leading programs in practice management, advisory services and retirement income distribution, supported by state-of-the-art technology. Founded in 1993, Securities America Advisors Inc. is an SEC-Registered Investment Advisory firm that offers investment management, financial advice and financial planning through a national network of independent financial advisors. Securities America Financial Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc. (NYSE MKT: LTS). Securities America received the inaugural Thought Leadership Award from the Retirement Income Industry Association in March 2011. Additional information is available at www.securitiesamerica.com.