Securities America Selects Assistant of the Year
To qualify, assistants must be nominated by a Securities America advisor, have a minimum of two years of experience in the financial services industry and, if securities licensed, have a clean compliance record. This top assistant is also selected based on specific instances of service above and beyond expectations to clients, advisors and the firm; demonstrated leadership abilities; and personal and professional development.
When O'Leary decided to join Quintus in 2010, he was told one of the best benefits of the firm would be having "the greatest assistant in the world." When the office suffered the sudden and tragic loss of its founder, Grier Laughlin, in February 2011, Silkwood's knowledge of Grier's client base and dedication to furthering his dream were imperative in helping Quintus carry on.
"While many successful advisors owe a lot of their success to their assistants, I can honestly say that Quintus Financial Services would not be here today if not for the hard work and dedication of Amanda Silkwood," O'Leary said.
Silkwood has worked in the financial services industry for more than a decade. She currently serves on Securities America's Sales Assistant Advisory Board.
Quintus Financial Services was founded in 2008 and currently maintains approximately 200 select client relationships nationwide. Additional information is available by visiting www.quintusfinancialservices.com.
Securities America believes in fully developing the potential of sales assistants. A number of events and training opportunities are available to assistants:
- New Assistant Orientation - a guide containing information every support staff member should know
- Assistant University - a two-day conference designed to increase knowledge of technology, compliance, operations and practice management for all levels of support staff
- e*Certification - a web-based training program that covers industry, product and firm-specific topics in a cost-effective and convenient format
- Sales Assistant Advisory Board - a group of nine assistants, nominated by advisors and selected by Securities America, who provide suggestions and feedback on company improvements
- National Conference - an annual educational event that features a training track specifically tailored to assistantsAssistantXpert - a listserv created specifically for assistants to provide online peer support and knowledge sharing
- Fast Track - free daily training sessions on Securities America's technology and procedures that are ideal for assistants and office managers
About Securities America
Headquartered in La Vista, Neb., Securities America Inc. is the nation's eighth largest independent broker-dealer (as ranked by Financial Planning magazine, June 2012, based on 2011 total revenue). For more than 25 years, Securities America's mission has been to foster the success of financial professionals so they can provide quality, objective counsel and services to their clients. Advisors benefit from the firm's industry-leading programs in practice management, advisory services and retirement income distribution, supported by state-of-the-art technology. Founded in 1993, Securities America Advisors Inc. is an SEC-Registered Investment Advisory firm that offers investment management, financial advice and financial planning through a national network of independent financial advisors. Securities America Financial Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc. (NYSE MKT: LTS). Securities America received the inaugural Thought Leadership Award from the Retirement Income Industry Association in March 2011. Additional information is available at www.securitiesamerica.com.