June 03, 2015 | Press Releases
Securities America 2015 National Conference Provides Robust Agenda Including Speakers Dr. Claus te Wildt and Platon
LA VISTA, Neb. – June 3, 2015 – Securities America, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc. (NYSE MKT: LTS), announced a robust lineup for the 2015 Connect National Conference in Austin, Texas, June 6-9.
Dr. Claus te Wildt, senior vice president and head of the Capital Markets Strategy Group at Fidelity Financial Advisors Solutions (FFAS), will present the general session keynote and world-renowned photographer Platon will be the keynote speaker at the final general session of the conference.
“Our agenda changes every year to include the foremost thought leadership for helping advisors run successful financial services practices,” said Kirk Hulett, Securities America executive vice president of strategy and practice management. “The conference environment also provides a prime opportunity for networking with like-minded individuals, creating opportunities for those who may be looking for future acquisition or succession options.”
By popular demand, Securities America will bring back SAM talks, the independent broker-dealer’s version of TED Talks. Four advisors will present big impact ideas that deserve sharing:
Minoti Rajput, CFP®, president and principal advisor, Secure Planning Strategies, Southfield, Mich., shares her journey about becoming an industry-recognized expert in special-needs planning.
- Gina Van Baren, CFP®, senior wealth advisor, DeMotte State Bank, DeMotte, Ind., shares about her business entering the industry and incredible perseverance to rebuild a name and a book of business.
- Brad Schlang, CFP®, partner, Cedar Brook Financial Partners, Cleveland, Ohio, shares his experience in dealing with the unexpected and untimely death of a business partner and the steps advisors should take to prepare for their eventual exit from the business, planned or unexpected.
- John L. Jenkins, AEP®, EA, president and CEO, Asset Preservation Strategies, San Diego, Calif., discusses the value advisors deliver to their clients and builds a compelling case for charging for that value in an ever-changing marketplace.
During the conference, advisors can choose from among 90 education sessions, many of which offer continuing education credit. Advisors also have access to home office experts for marketing, practice management, wealth management, advisory growth and technology questions, through one-on-one coaching consultations.
Three pre-conference sessions have been well received by attendees, with strong registration numbers:
- The Ladenburg Edge: Differentiate Yourself from the Crowd – Incorporating the services of the Securities America sister companies Premier Trust, Highland Capital Management and Ladenburg Thalmann Asset Management.
- Advisor Directed Asset Management Workshop – Learning about advisory programs and investment management options available to advisors who want to manage the assets using mutual funds, ETFs and other general securities.
- Building a Solid Foundation: Must Do Technology – Maximizing efficiency to have more time for core activities such as client meetings by implementing Securities America’s technology offerings.
Securities America holds the conference annually for its advisors and their support staff.
About Securities America
Securities America is one of the nation’s largest independent broker-dealers with more than 2,000 independent advisors and $55 billion in client assets.
# # #
Advisory services offered through Securities America Advisors, Inc., an SEC Registered Investment Advisory Firm. Securities offered through Securities America, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC.